1. Rooms once allotted to students for an academic year will not be changed.
2. Boarders won’t be allowed to vacate the room and bed allotted to him/her in the middle of the academic year.
3. Any substance abuse (smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, etc.) and any kind of gambling are strictly prohibited inside the hostel premises and college campus. No sound system (radio, speaker, sound box, etc.) is allowed inside the hostel campus.
4. Boarders have to take care of their belongings. They should keep their belongings safe and secured at their own risk.
5. Students should not tamper with any of the electrical and other permanent fittings in the room, and any loss or damage shall be recovered from the occupants concerned. Unauthorized use of electrical appliances will lead to the student's expulsion from the hostel.
6. Any student who is removed from the college will automatically cease to be a boarder in the hostel.
7. Day scholars are not permitted to enter the hostel for any reason without prior permission from the college authority.
8. No person or student other than the boarder should be found in the hostel without prior permission from the college authority. If anyone is found, action will be taken against the boarders in whose room the person is found.
9. Students should not paste any posters, pictures, etc. on the walls, doors, windows, or shelves.
10. Whenever students go out of their rooms, they should switch off all the electrical devices inside the room, like lights, fans, etc.
11. Ragging in any form is totally prohibited. The offenders will be severely dealt with by way of expulsion from the college as well as the hostel, as per the existing Government and UGC rules.
12. Cooking inside the hostel premises or hostel room, use of a heater, stove, gas oven, etc. is strictly prohibited.
13. Only female relatives (e.g., mother, sister, etc.) are permitted to visit their wards in the girls’ hostel. For boys’ hostel, parents/guardians or their representative can visit the student at a suitable time. For this purpose, a gate pass has to be collected by the visiting relative from the college authority prior to entering the hostel, and it should be submitted to the hostel warden or hostel in charge.
14. Boarders are instructed to enter the hostel on or before 8:00 p.m. in the evening on a mandatory basis, and they won’t be allowed to leave the hostel before 05:30 a.m.
15. The daily attendance of each boarder will be recorded in the evening, between 8:30 p.m. and 8:45 p.m., by the hostel warden or hostel in charge. This is strictly mandatory for each boarder.
16. Boarders should maintain the hygiene and cleanliness of their rooms, toilets, and the surroundings of the hostel. They should always use the trash can for waste materials and garbage. Toilets should not be used to dump any kind of waste material (food waste, sanitary napkins, etc.) that could clog the drainage pipe.
17. Boarders are strictly instructed not to harm any trees or plants on the college campus.
18. Boarders are instructed to register their details whenever they take a leave from the hostel premises in the registrar book, which will be available with the hostel warden.
19. Lunch time: 01:00 p.m. to 02:00 p.m., and dinner time: 8:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
20. The hostel common area (TV room) should be occupied and utilized only up to 10:00 p.m.
Parents are specially requested to contact the college authorities periodically to get first-hand information about the attendance, academic progress, conduct, etc. of their wards. Parents are reminded that they are not absolved of their responsibility in the education of their children once their daughters/sons are admitted to the college. They should follow the students’ progress in studies and her/his general conduct in and outside the college. Their co-operation is solicited especially to ensure regular attendance of classes.