Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) is a Medical Laboratory Technology Diploma course. It is the branch of medical science. This helps to perform laboratory investigations related to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
The Medical laboratory technologists are trained for the laboratory testing and procedures. They play a vital role in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
In the first year program of Medical Laboratory Technology classroom instruction and laboratory, training are there. In the second year, theory instruction and extensive clinical practice at affiliated sites in Calgary, or in Alberta is there. This practice makes clinical experiences. The students are given opportunities and integrate the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes into practice. In the last year, students will practice competency-based exams for the preparation of the national CSMLS certification exam
Separately pass with Physics, Chemistry & Biology with 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2/equivalent examination.
- This will be done on the basis of merit list of qualifying exam
- Mode of Admission: Admission done through counseling which is conducted by the state Medical Faculty of West Bengal
- Duration: Medical laboratory course is for 2 years
After the completion of this course, one can go with a career like:
- Colleges & Universities
- Government Hospitals
- Medical Content Writing
- Medical Labs
- Military Services
- Private Clinics
- One Can get a job as a “Medical Laboratory Technician” or “Laboratory Assistant”. It can be at various Central/State Govt./Private Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers, Nursing Homes, etc. Lab technicians can work in different medical settings, Dental offices, clinics, and ophthalmic labs.
- Can get a job as a cytogenetic technician. They analyze genetic elements inside cells. One has to get detailed notes for each sample inside the cell. You have to check the right sample for an individual.
- Anaesthesia Technician
- Pathologist Assistant
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Medical Equipment Repair Technician
- Radiation Protection Technician
- Can set up his or her own Diagnostic Centres, Pathological Labs, etc.
- Can join a Medical Laboratory Technology College or Institution as a “LabAssistant”
- Have the opportunity to go for further studies in B. Sc. MLT/BMLT etc