Indian Centre for Advancement of Research and Education (ICARE), Haldia was established in 1995. It’s a nonprofit making voluntary organization registered under the West Bengal Societies Registration Act, 1961. ICARE is dedicated to promote, establish, run and maintain educational institutions of excellence to keep pace with rapid industrial development in this region. This society is managed by a Board of Governors comprising of eminent personalities and great visionaries. Apart from the activities in the field of education and health, ICARE is also actively participating and assisting other NGOs in various social welfare services like organizing relief camps and health check up camps in time of any natural calamities and disaster in the region, providing mother and child care facilities to the communities, organizing immunization camps, providing education to the deaf and dumb children etc. ICARE was identified as M.N.G.O. by Department Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India for the district of Purba Medinipur. ICARE is also selected for implementation of IEC scheme under Department of AYUSH, Govt. of India for Purba Medinipur district. ICARE signifies the realization of a cherished dream of some of the great visionaries of Haldia to create a modern education centre of excellence, providing value-based education of international standards and with a motto to march ahead to build Haldia of our dreams. Presently there are nineteen institutions under ICARE conducting 111 courses with more than 8500 students.
Institutions under ICARE at present:
1. Haldia Institute of Health Sciences
2. Haldia Institute of Technology
3. ICARE Institute of Medical Sciences and Research and Dr. B.C. Roy Hospital
4. Haldia Institute of Dental Science and Research
5. Haldia Institute of Pharmacy
6. Haldia Law College
7. Global Institute of Science and Technology
8. Haldia Institute of Maritime Studies and Research
9. Vidyasagar Primary Teachers’ Training Institute
10. Haldia Institute of Nursing Science
11. Haldia Institute of Management
12. ICARE School of Research and Development
13. Institute of Education
14. Haldia School of Languages
15. International Institute of Advanced Studies
16. Tamalika Panda Seth Academy of Higher Studies
17. International Institute of Science and Humanities
18. International Institute of Hospitality
19. International Academy of Agricultural Science
The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential? These are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.