1. Library remains open from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm from Monday to Friday. On Saturdays it opens
from 9.30 am to 2.30 pm. Sunday and Holidays remain closed.
- 2. All readers are requested to bring the Library Card with them.
- 3. Readers are not allowed to borrow books on the card of another reader.
- 4. Eatables and drinks are not allowed in the library area.
- 5. All readers are required to observe silence and maintain discipline in the Library.
- 6. Switch off mobile phones or keep it on silent mode before entering the Library.
- 7. Please take care of the Library Books and other Library Articles to prevent any unwanted
damage or loss.
- 8. Library staff is not responsible for reader’s personal belongings.
- 9. Books will be issued for 7 days only and then it can be reissued for another 7 days.
- 10. The same book cannot be issued more than twice.
- 11. Readers are required to handle books and reading materials very carefully. Marking library
books with pencil or ink, tearing the pages or spoiling the same in any other way will be viewed
- 12. When books are issued, readers should check the pages of the issued books and if pages are
found missing, they should report the same to the Librarian before leaving the counter. On
returning the books, if pages are found missing, then the last borrower of the book shall be held
accountable for the damages and shall be fined.
- 13. Once the book is issued on library reading card cannot be taken elsewhere from the Library.
- 14. If only one copy of a book is remaining in the Library, that particular book cannot be issued any
further. Students can use the Library reading card for reading it in the Library only.
- 15. In case a reader loses a book he/she should replace the book. In case the book cannot be
replaced; the current price of the book will be paid by the borrower.
- 16. The Clearance Certificate will be issued to student only after he/she has returned all the Library
Books and cleared all Library dues.
- 17. Reader’s card must be renewed every semester/ year as required.
- 18. Readers keeping library books with them beyond the due date, an amount of Rs.10/- will be
charged as fine each day till he or she returns the books to the Library.
- 19. In case a student loses his/her reader’s card then the student should report the loss of card
immediately to the Librarian and submit an application for the issue of duplicate card by paying
Rs.50/- per card.
- 20. Using of laptops and tablets are allowed in the Library but the Librarian has the full authority to
verify the content. Watching video is strictly prohibited.
- 21. Don’t arrange any meeting in the Library without prior permission of the management.
- 22. In case of any damage(s) caused to the library property, the cost of the same shall be recovered
from the person found responsible. This is solely at the discretion of the authorities.
- 23. Books taken on “Reading Cards” should be returned back by 4.30 pm same day.