Rules for Hostel
1. Students should abide by the rules and regulations, maintain decorum and behave orderly.
2. Rooms shall be allocated by the Hostel Warden; no personal preference will be entertained.
3. Overall cleanliness of the room, bathroom and common passages is to be maintained by the residing students. Rooms must be kept arranged and tidy. No sticker is to be pasted on the walls.
4. Students are not permitted to use any electrical appliances other that light and fan, which are
provided by the hostel.
5. Misuse of food, electricity and water is punishable.
6. Students are not allowed to bring food in their rooms.
7. Students are not allowed to keep any valuables like jewellery, smart phones, laptops, tablets or
excess amount of money in the premises. Students are solely responsible for their personal
belongings. Authority will not be responsible for loss of any valuables kept by the students.
8. No Smart phones are allowed in the college campus and hostel. Only phones without camera
and internet connectivity are allowed.
9. Students can continue their activities till “lights out”, i.e. till 11 pm. This may be relaxed during
the examinations with prior permission from the warden. Use of water should be restricted.
Fans and lights should be put off before leaving the room.
10. No furniture is to be removed/ rearranged inside the room. Students will have to pay damage
charges in case of any breakage of furniture/ any other hostel belongings.
11. Students are not allowed to keep any valuables like jewellery, mobile or excess amount of
money in the premises. Students are solely responsible for their personal belongings.
12. Students having own mobile are to be kept under safe custody of hostel warden before coming
for classes or duties. Mobiles will be handed over to students only during evening attendance.
13. Students are allowed for going out only with prior permission. On Sunday and holiday from 10
am to 4 p.m.
14. Students are allowed to go out on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6 pm to 7 pm. Students
must return by 7 pm for Roll Call and also must be present at the morning Roll Call at 7 am.
15. Students are not allowed to come out of their room in night dress, not even to the dining hall.
16. Student’s guardian/ guest are not allowed to stay in the hostel. Guardians are allowed only on
Sunday and on holidays between 10 am to 6 pm to meet the student at visitors’ room only after
signing the guardians’ record book.
17. In case after going for night pass, but cannot return to hostel on schedule date, college authority
is to be informed immediately over telephone. Students will be allowed to join hostel with a
letter from guardian regarding absenteeism.
18. Students are allowed for going out only with prior permission. One day in a week (Sunday) for
three hours (10.00 am – 1 pm) is allowed.
19. In case of any sickness, reporting to the warden to be done by class monitor immediately. The
warden will escort the sick student to the hospital and get her checked. Hostel warden will
inform the student-welfare coordinator of the college and guardian.
20. Ragging is strictly prohibited. Any candidate involves herself in ragging will be punished by the
authority as per law including expulsion from the institute.
21. Any immortal or unethical act shall be dealt with extreme strictness.
22. In case of natural calamities i.e. earthquake step down calmly and gather in open space and
follow the instruction of the warden.
23. All students must obey the hostel warden and follow the hostel rules strictly. Otherwise, serious
disciplinary action will be taken against the student by the college authority/ management.
24. Hostel rules may be amended as and when deemed necessary by authority/ management.
25. Selected candidates should carry the following items for hostel
- i) Mattress
- ii) Pillow – 2
- iii) Pillow case – 2
- iv) Bed sheet – 2
- v) Bed cover – 2
- vi) Mosquito Net – 1
- vii) Blanket – 1
- viii) Towel – 2
- ix) Bucket & Mug – 2
- x) Wrist Watch with second hand – 1
- xi) Other toilet articles – As required
- xii) Rice Plate, Bowl, Glass, Cup, Spoon – 1 each
- xiii) Lock & Key - 1
26. Caution deposit will be refunded only after the successful completion of the course by the